As the colder evenings creep in, households become divided by the age old debate… ‘is it time to switch the heating back on!?’
And there are usually two sides to this battle…
1) ‘Yes I’m freezing, get it on now!’
2) ‘No, it’s only September – put on a jumper!’
Whichever camp you fall into, you can be left feeling like you’re not getting the best from your central heating, and it can be difficult to decide when the timer should go back on for good.
But what if you could track how much energy you’ve been using? And what if you could see exactly what temperature each room was every day? We imagine this could settle a few arguments!
A smart thermostat allows you to control your central heating remotely, from the palm of your hand.
This means you can keep your home’s temperature just how you like it – whatever the weather outside – also allowing you to keep tabs on how much energy you are using, saving you money on your energy bills.
Depending on which model you choose (we install Nest 3rd-gen and Honeywell evohome) you can benefit from a variety of features, including:
- Instantly switching the heating on or off from your mobile – wherever you are
- Your central heating can adapt to the weather outside, so if the temperature drops outside your boiler will compensate to keep your home at your preferred temperature
- The ability to tailor your heating to the way you use different rooms in your home
- Tracking how much energy you have used each day
And all from your mobile or tablet – what could be simpler?
Still not convinced? Read our blog on the 5 ways a smart thermostat could benefit your home.
If you’d like to save money on your bills this winter and keep your home cosy, talk to BASI engineers about getting a smart thermostat installed. Get in touch get in touch on 0808 159 6131 or email us at [email protected]