How we’re making boiler replacement and repairs safe
It’s now possible to arrange boiler replacements in Leeds and wider Yorkshire with our heating engineers. We’ve begun installing new boilers and central heating systems for customers who’ve been waiting for the lockdown measures to change.
Because we’ve been responding to emergency callouts throughout lockdown, our engineers are used to operating with physical distancing measures. They work in teams or 1 or 2, limiting the number of people needed to come to your home.
Boiler replacements – don’t hesitate to get it sorted now
If you know you need a replacement boiler, get it sorted sooner rather than later. An old or faulty boiler is inefficient and wastes money and energy every day. It puts you at risk of a breakdown, which is costly and even dangerous.
How we’ve made new boiler installations and repairs safe
The main change has been to limit contact during the whole process and practice physical distancing. If you request, the survey and quote processes can be handled remotely, over phone and emails.
The measures in place include:
- Making sure our operatives are aware of the coronavirus symptoms, following government guidelines and self-isolating if they suspect any symptoms
- Operatives are attending appointments wearing protective masks and gloves for both your and their safety
- Fitters are multiskilled, so can be limited 1 or 2 people
- Keeping a 2-metre distance while in the home
- Fully cleaning and disinfecting the work area
If it’s possible, it’s better for you to be outside the home or at least in a different room while the boiler replacement takes place. Therefore, summer is the ideal time to get the job done. We can work safely within the home while residents sit outdoors.